Change your middle or last names.

The Name Equality Act of 2007 allows one or both applicants for a California marriage license to elect to change the MIDDLE or LAST names by which each party wishes to be known after solemnization of their marriage.   Changing one’s name through this process can only be done at the time the marriage license is issued by the country clerk.  After the marriage is issued, it cannot be changed.